CySecK course on Computer Systems Security from 1-May-2021 to 31-July-2021
Date/s: 01 - 31 May 2021
Organising Partners: CySecK & IISc
In pursuit of the objective of capacity building in Cybersecurity, CySecK through its course-based skill building programme proposes to disseminate free security courses from faculty of top institutes to students across Karnataka.
More details: https://cs-coe.iisc.ac.in/portal/courses/view/8
1) Course Registration
|Course Title||Course Instructor||Course Duration|
|Computer Systems Security||Dr Vinod Ganapathy||1-May-2021 to 31-July 2021|
Pre-requisites – Standard undergraduate exposure to computer security The courses will be offered free of cost.
- Students/Faculty and Industry Professionals can register for the courses and attend the recorded lectures as per their desired pace and convenience.
- The course recordings will be made available on the open domain, via CySecK YouTube channel. A dedicated course playlist has been created for the same. Click here
2) Course Pattern and Timelines
- The courses offered will be self-paced in nature.
- From the time of registration, the student will be required to complete the course within a timeframe of 3 months.
- There will be 1 hour Q&A session every month (3 – 4 sessions in total per course) where the esteemed faculty would answer questions from students taking their course.
- The Q&A session will be conducted via WebEx platform.
- Those who have registered for the course before 9-May-2021 will be eligible to take assessment.
- Upon course completion, the registered students can take up a two-part final assessment on 9-Aug-2021
- MCQ assessment exam (objective style) designed by the course instructor.
- Final assignment designed in the form of a Programming Challenge
- Students clearing the MCQ assessment will receive ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Student to successfully complete the final assignment will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Achievement’ from CySecK.